A facelift aims to improve the appearance of the face by tightening loose skin. The SMAS (superficial musculoaponeurotic system) facelift goes one step further — it also targets the underlying muscles and connective tissues to provide dramatic results. Dr. Lalezar specializes in SMAS facelift in NYC to reverse advanced signs of aging.
The Most Extensive & Comprehensive Facelift
The SMAS is a layer of tissues found in the face consisting of muscle, fat, and connective tissues. It is located beneath the skin and supports the overall facial structure. During an SMAS facelift, Dr. Lalezar tightens and repositions the SMAS layer to lift and rejuvenate the face. In contrast to other facelift techniques, the SMAS facelift targets the deeper layers of the face to provide more comprehensive rejuvenation.
The Goals of SMAS Facelift:
- Lifting and tightening the skin and underlying SMAS layer
- Tightening loose skin in the mid and lower face
- Reducing wrinkles and lines in the mid and lower face
- Improving the appearance of the neck
- Enhancing the contours of the face
- Reversing advanced signs of facial aging, such as jowls, nasolabial folds, and creases
SMAS Facelift vs. Other Facelift Techniques
There are several different facelift techniques available, each with its own set of benefits. Some of the main differences between a SMAS facelift in NYC and other facelift techniques include:
- Comprehensive Rejuvenation: The SMAS facelift targets the deeper layers of the face, including the muscle and connective tissue, to provide more comprehensive rejuvenation. Other facelift techniques, such as a mini facelift, may only address the skin.
- Longer-Lasting Results: Because the SMAS facelift targets the underlying tissue, the results may be longer-lasting, making you look more youthful for over a decade.
- More Invasive: The SMAS facelift is more invasive than other facelift techniques because it repositions the muscles and underlying tissues. This may lead to a longer recovery period.
- Dramatic Results: The SMAS facelift is suitable for older patients with advanced signs of aging, such as mid-face sagging, excess facial skin, lax jowls, and loose submental skin.
Selecting The Right Facelift Technique
Choosing the right facelift technique for your specific needs and goals is important. Dr. Lalezar will carefully examine your facial skin, discuss your goals and concerns, measure your skin laxity, and determine the appropriate facelift technique. Some factors to consider when selecting a facelift technique may include:
Schedule Your Consultation
Dr. Frank Lalezar is a board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in aesthetic surgeries of the face. He is a deeply compassionate surgeon committed to ensuring his patients have a safe and supportive experience. He supports you through every stage of your surgical journey, from the initial consultation to the final stages of recovery. Please schedule an appointment to explore your SMAS facelift options.